Educational games and puzzles
Every parent dreams of and wants their children to develop physically and mentally from an early age. Educational games and puzzles work right towards achieving this goal. While playing Educational games and puzzles, children can play without getting bored and simultaneously improve their skills and abilities.
What are the benefits of educational games?
Playing games is the leading activity for children of preschool and primary school age. While playing, they explore the world, acquire new skills, develop their thinking, imagination, and memory. Contrary to ordinary games, Educational games and puzzles do not just entertain children but teach them:
- how to focus on solving challenging problems;
- to be imaginative and creative;
- to broaden horizons and learn new facts about the world around;
- to be independent and diligent;
- to apply logic to solving game problems.
Educators have repeatedly proven that the most efficient learning methods are through play. Being involved in a game, children don’t notice that they are learning and playing simultaneously. These activities don’t remind of boring school-like lessons, and children treat them enthusiastically.
Types of educational games
The main objective of educational games is to develop and improve certain skills in children. Considering this, they can be classified according to the following principles:
- Games for developing motor skills that are closely connected to thinking and speech development and include such games as lacing and sculpting.
- Games for developing imagination and creativity. Examples of such games are coloring books, magnetic boards, mosaic puzzles and appliqué kits.
- Games for speech development. First of all, these are role-playing games, namely puppet games and pop-up books.
- Games for developing memory and the skill of systematizing the memorized information. The examples include sets of numbers and letters and educational flashcards.
- Games for developing logic and thinking skills, which can be improved with the help of construction sets and puzzles.
Puzzle games from Educational games and puzzles series are universal educational games designed by children’s age that work perfectly for developing all the skills mentioned above. So if you choose the right set considering our recommendations, children from 1 to 10 years old will find them interesting and engaging.